My outlet for all my ranting...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Some of the stupidest things in the world ...


"Give me the names of the people who blocked your car, and I'll have them arrested."
 --Chief Minister of West Bengal saying to industrialists when they were blocked by protesters.


How generous of you, sir! I'll just call up my PA and have him rattle off the names from his diary. Not only me but every prominent industrialist and corporate executive has a habit of noting down the names of such miscreants. I'll even tell you how we go about doing it.


Industrialist: Sir, could you please tell me your good name?
Miscreant(smashing the windscreen of the industrialist's Merc.): Yeah, Daku Singh. Thank you for asking.
I: And your address?
M: Hold on a sec, will ya? (beats up the driver, deflates the tyres, then turns to I) ..Yeah, behind the Post Office...anything else?
I: No, that'll be all. Thank you for your co-operation ...


Sure, sir, that's how we law-abiding industrialists go about our business.




A moment of silence for all those who perished in the devastating earthquake. May their souls rest in peace.

Its not funny at all when an earthquake happens. Thank God, and all the forces that be, that atleast we were awake when it happened. Imagine the horror if it happened during the night when everybody was sleeping. God forbid, the toll would have much higher.

And, if it were strike Delhi, God knows we are not prepared for it. If any of the buildings were to collapse around CP, then we are done for. I don't even want to think what would happen if it were to hit a densely populated area in Delhi.




Right now, most people in my year are preparing for the lives ahead, some CATting, some apping(slang: applying to universities abroad.) and the others just plain studying college stuff. Suddenly, my classmates have become a lot more sober and quiet. The realisation that the world outside may not be so rosy a fter all must have hit them.

Guys, don't take it too hard. There's always place for good people and we are not thaaaaaat bad. I mean, we are slightly minisculy so, lazy but we do work our asses off when its grind time.

And, please don't think you are losers. People who I am talking about know who I am talking about. Don't quit before you start fighting. C'mon what are you, 20,21, 22? You have 40 more years to go, atleast (even if you fag like a chimney). Don't defeat yourself before the campaign starts. Don't do that horrible thing to yourself: denying yourself the chance to fight.

People lose. People aren't good at everything they'd like to be.But they're better at most at something. If you don't know what it is, then you are not doing the right thing or porbably you are not doing the the right way. Success isn't passing all the exams that you face, its passing the right ones and letting go of the failures and masquerading the blemishes as stepping stones to success.

And to people who think, that I couldn't possibly be in the same situation as these people, mujhe itna mat chadhao. I know where I am weak and what I am good at. Its just that I don't give up. Don't kill the only chance you have to win just because you think you are going to lose. More wonderful miracles have taken place. Haven't you heard Jesus converting evian to bottles of absolut way back? By the way, how do you do that? I am sure that's what all the alchemists were after, not some stupid yellow metal....




Here's Vivek, signing off from MV, βT.

No comments: